Meat Your Farmers: American Meat Film Screening and Panel Discussion
Join the Stanford Farm Project and Appetite for Change for a screening of American Meat with director Graham Meriwether. American meat is a pro-farmer documentary about chicken, cattle and hog production in the United States. Film screening will be followed by a panel discussion on current farming practices and future sustainability.
- Professor Rosamond "Roz" Naylor (Center on Food Security and the Environment)
- David Evans (founder and owner, Marin Sun Farms)
- Vasile Stanescu (Program on Modern Thought and Literature, Journal of Critical Animal Studies)
- Maisie Greenawalt (President, Bon Appétit Management Company Foundation)
Moderated by Debra Dunn (d. school).
- Chipotle Appetizers: 6-6:30
- American Meat Film Screening with introduction by Graham Merriweather (director): 6:30-8:00pm
- Panelist discussion: 8pm-8:45pm
- Thursday, February 7, 2013.
Approximate duration of 2.75 hour(s).
- Annenberg Auditorium (Map)
- Program in Modern Thought and Literature, Students for a Sustainable Stanford (Sustainability), Haas Center for Public Service, Appetite for Change
Free- rsvp at http://www.americanmeatfilm.com/stanford
- General Public, Faculty/Staff, Students, Alumni/Friends
- conference, public-service, environment, health