Michelle Obama & The Story of America
New York Times correspondent Rachel Swarns talks about her book, "American Tapestry:The Story of the Black, White and Multiracial Ancestors of Michelle Obama." From the Los Angeles Times: “Swarns paints a vivid, intriguing portrait of people whose struggles, losses, and triumphs speak volumes about the pull of family and the power of American endurance.”
- Thursday, January 31, 2013.
Approximate duration of 1.50 hour(s).
- Oksenberg Room, Encina Hall, 616 Serra Street at Galvez, Stanford University (Map)
- The John S. Knight Journalism Fellowships
The History Department
The American Studies Program
The African & African American Studies Center for Comparative Studies in Race & Ethnicity
Free to public BUT reservations required. Lunch provided.
Go to http://svy.mk/SGqdU5 to reserve a spot.
- General Public, Faculty/Staff, Students, Alumni/Friends
- lecture, arts, literary, public-service