NFIC 2013 -- Social Network Analysis: It's Who You Know
While social networks have already transformed the way a generation lives, the ways in which information is generated through social networks and ways in which that information is analyzed and used are now rapidly evolving.
Understanding emerging technical avenues in social media and building on them is the goal of this year's NFIC conference. To achieve this NFIC has restructured this annual conference in a number of ways. Instead of a series of single speakers we will offer expert presentations as part of a sequence of panels. The objective of this format is to create an interactive discussion between the panelists and the audience. The panel format allows better interchange and exposure of the conference attendees to the panel experts, who are leaders in the development of the technical side of social networking.
Speakers (preliminary list)
- Ian Hersey, CTO of Attensity
- Laura Jacob, President of IEEE-SSIT
- Zahan Malkani, Facebook, coinventor of Dog social programming language
- John Rehling, Research Scientist, reputation.com
- Shivakumar Vaithyanathan, Chief Scientist for Text Analytics & Dept Manager of the Infrastruture for Intelligent Information Systems Group at IBM Almaden Research Center
- Michael Wu, Principal Scientist, Analytics at Lithium
- Rong Yan, Engineering Manager, Ads Relevance and Quality Team at Facebook
Panels (tentative list)
- Extracting Meaning and Dynamics from Social NetworkData:
Ian Hersey, Shivakumar Vaithyanathan, Michael Wu, Rong Yan
- Social Computing Languages and Tools:
Zahan Malkani, ShivakumaVaithyanathan
- Privacy Implications of Social Network Analysis:
Laura Jacob, John Rehling
- Saturday, May 11, 2013.
Approximate duration of 6.0 hour(s).
- Braun Auditorium, Mudd Chemistry Building (Map)
- Stanford Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Early Bird (IEEE/NATEA Members by 4/11/13): $25
IEEE/NATEA Members (by 5/10/13): $50
General Guest: $50
Regsiter at http://www.nfic-us.org
- General Public, Faculty/Staff, Students, Alumni/Friends, Members
- conference, engineering