Leonardo Art/Science Evening Rendezvous (LASER Series)
The LASERs (Leonardo Art Science Evening Rendezvous) are part of a national program of evening gatherings that bring artists and scientists together for informal presentations and conversation with an audience. The Stanford LASERs are jointly sponsored by the Office of Science Outreach and the Stanford Arts Institute. Each evening event presents four artists, scientists, thinkers, inventors and scholars who are working on paradigm shifts, allows the audience to socialize, and encourages people in the audience to briefly introduce their work. Chaired by author and cultural historian Piero Scaruffi. December 12, 2013 Presenters:
- Uwe Bergmann (Stanford) on "The Science and Applications of X-Rays"
- Ellen Fullman (Musician) on "A Compositional Approach Derived from Material and Ephemeral Elements"
- Alison Gopnik (UC Berkeley) on "The Philosophical Baby"
- David Stork (Rambus Labs) on "Computer Image Analysis of Parmigianino's Self portrait in a Convex Mirror"
- Thursday, December 12, 2013.
Approximate duration of 2.50 hour(s).
- Stanford University, Packard Auditorium in the Hewlett Teacher Center (Map)
- Office of Science Outreach
This event is free and open to the public.
- General Public, Faculty/Staff, Students, Alumni/Friends, Members