Making the Change, Being the Change: Theatre as Outer and Inner Process - A film screening and discussion with Dr. Amanda Kemp
Dr. Kemp, a leading activist and organizer against South African Apartheid during her student days at Stanford in the 1980s, is the founder of Theatre for Transformation, a nascent non-profit organization and performance technology that weaves yoga, reiki, waiting, worship, ritual, and theatre together to promote a world of forgiveness, abundance, and peace.
She will be screening a film of her play, To Cross an Ocean Four Centuries Long, followed by a Q&A session and discussion.
- Tuesday, February 11, 2014.
Approximate duration of 1.50 hour(s).
- Black Community Services Center,418 Santa Teresa St., Henry and Monique Brandon Family Community Room (Map)
- Peace+Justice Studies Initiative, Black Community Services Center, Symbolic Systems, Dept. of Theatre and Performance Studies
Free & open to the public
- General Public, Faculty/Staff, Students, Alumni/Friends
- lecture, arts, drama, film, public-service, humanities