- Featured Events
- Today's Events
- Browse by Type
- Browse by Subject
- Browse by Organization
Hands-on Intro to SQL (Structured Query Language)
Do you need to ask complicated questions of your data? Do you need something sophisticated and a spreadsheet just won't do? Then a relational database may be for you.
Join us for a hands-on, interactive introduction to SQL, the language for querying structured data.
This workshop will include the following topics:
- importing content into a SQLite database (DB)
- info on relational DBs, DB management systems, and DB design
- basic queries, including unique values and calculations
- building complex queries
- order of execution
- joining, and
- set operators.
Computers with all the necessary software will be supplied for you.
This workshop is only for individuals affiliated with Stanford University (SUNet ID required).
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Branner Library Teaching Corner, Mitchell Earth Sciences Building 2nd floor Map
Admission is free. Registration is required. Please see the link under "More Information" to register. This workshop is only for individuals affiliated with Stanford University (SUNet ID required).
- Faculty/Staff, Students
- 650-556-5194, firstname.lastname@example.org
- More info:
- Visit this website