- Featured Events
- Today's Events
- Browse by Type
- Browse by Subject
- Browse by Organization
Leonardo Art/Science Evening Rendezvous April 2017
The Stanford LASERs are part of a national program of gatherings that brings artists and scientists together for informal presentations and conversation with the audience. Each evening event, free of charge and open to the public, will present four artists, scientists, thinkers, inventors, and scholars who are working on paradigm shifts. Each evening also allows the audience to socialize and encourages people in the audience to briefly introduce their own work. Chaired by cultural historian Piero Scaruffi.
The evening will feature presentations by:
- Goran Konjevod (Origami Artist) on "Origami Beyond Geometry"
- Marjorie Schwarzer on "An Elephant in the Closet: The History of Habitat Dioramas"
- Megan Palmer (Stanford/ Biosecurity) on "Biotechnology Governance"
- Eva Silverstein (Stanford/ Cosmology) on "TBA"
The Stanford LASERs are sponsored by the Stanford Deans of Research; Engineering; Humanities & Sciences; Medicine and Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences; and the Office of Science Outreach.
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017
7:00 pm – 9:30 pm
- Li Ka Shing Building - Room LK 130 Map
Free of charge and open to the public. There should be ample parking in the structure on corner of Campus Drive West and Roth Way.
- General Public
- More info:
- Visit this website