- Featured Events
- Today's Events
- Browse by Type
- Browse by Subject
- Browse by Organization
Anesthesia Grand Rounds: "Understanding Opioid Analgesia"
Howard L. Fields, MD, PhD
Departments of Neurology and Physiology
Director, Wheeler Center for the Neurobiology of Addiction
University of California, San Francisco
Global Learning Objective(s):
- Compare current practice with best evidence and guidelines to identify areas for improvement.
- Critically analyze emerging data from clinical research and latest guidelines to formulate best practice models for patient care.
Session Learning Objective(s):
- Appropriate use of opioid analgesics
- Implement understanding of neural circuits underlying opioid analgesia and reward mechanisms
- Implement understanding of expectation in pain management