- Featured Events
- Today's Events
- Browse by Type
- Browse by Subject
- Browse by Organization
ICME Summer Workshop: Linear Algebra
XCME012 - Linear Algebra
Overview: Matrix computations/linear algebra are the backbone of data science algorithms. If your linear algebra is rusty, or if you are not familiar with critical concepts (including orthogonal decompositions and least squares) this workshop is for you. In the morning, we will cover basic ideas in linear algebra (matrix-vector manipulations, norms, subspaces, solution of matrix-vector systems). In the afternoon, we will discuss more advanced concepts including QR decompositions and the SVD.
The ICME offers summer workshops to students, partners, and the wider community (first come first served, in that order). These day-long workshop happen from August 14-18, 2017, from 9:00am to 4:45 pm. To view other workshop descriptions, or to get general information about the ICME Summer Workshop Series, click here.
ICME Summer Workshops are open to participants 18 years and older. If you are under the age of 18 and would like to participate, please contact the program administrator.
- Please note that these are not Stanford for-credit courses.
- Stanford academic and non-academic staff may register under the 'Faculty' ticket type.
- Room locations, information on what to bring, and directions to campus will be provided to those who register in advance of each workshop.
- These workshops are open to participants 18 years and older. If you are under the age of 18 and would like to participate, please inquire with email@example.com
- If you have questions, please contact the ICME via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Please contact ICME
- Monday, August 14, 2017
9:00 am – 4:45 pm
- On the Stanford campus. Location will be shared with registrants.
- General Public, Students, Members
- (650)724-3313, email@example.com
- More info:
- Visit this website