- Featured Events
- Today's Events
- Browse by Type
- Browse by Subject
- Browse by Organization
ICME Summer Workshop: Introduction to Statistics
XCME002 - Introduction to Statistics
Overview: This workshop introduces participants to the use of statistical techniques for analysis of data sets. The workshop is recommended especially for those in the humanities, social sciences, and life sciences who do not have a background in statistics, but may need to use statistics to work with data gathered as part of their coursework or research. Exercises on programming in R are included to give participants hands-on experience with applying concepts for data analysis.Topics Include
- Probability distributions, sampling
- Confidence intervals, hypothesis testing
- Correlation, regression ANOVA
- Intro to statistical learning
The ICME offers summer workshops to students, partners, and the wider community (first come first served, in that order). These day-long workshop happen from August 14-18, 2017, from 9:00am to 4:45 pm. To view other workshop descriptions, or to get general information about the ICME Summer Workshop Series, click here.
ICME Summer Workshops are open to participants 18 years and older. If you are under the age of 18 and would like to participate, please contact the program administrator.
- Please note that these are not Stanford for-credit courses.
- Stanford academic and non-academic staff may register under the 'Faculty' ticket type.
- Room locations, information on what to bring, and directions to campus will be provided to those who register in advance of each workshop.
- These workshops are open to participants 18 years and older. If you are under the age of 18 and would like to participate, please inquire with firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have questions, please contact the ICME via email email@example.com
Questions? Please contact ICME
- Monday, August 14, 2017
9:00 am – 4:45 pm
- On the Stanford campus. Location will be shared with registrants.
- General Public, Students, Members
- (650)724-3313, firstname.lastname@example.org
- More info:
- Visit this website