- Featured Events
- Today's Events
- Browse by Type
- Browse by Subject
- Browse by Organization
ICME Summer Workshop: Introduction to Programming in R
XCME003 - Introduction to Programming in R
Overview: This workshop is recommended for those who want to learn the basics of R programming in statistics, science, or engineering. The goal of the workshop is to familiarize participants with R's tools for scientific computing and data analysis. Lectures will be interactive with a focus on learning by example, and assignments will be application-driven. No prior programming experience is needed.Topics Include
- Basic data types in R, variables, and apply functions
- Data input/output
- Plotting in base R, ggplot, and ggmap
- Metacharacters and regular expressions in R
- Statistical applications: such as how to get a summary of the data, how to do linear regressions, and how to interpret the output
The ICME offers summer workshops to students, partners, and the wider community (first come first served, in that order). These day-long workshop happen from August 14-18, 2017, from 9:00am to 4:45 pm. To view other workshop descriptions, or to get general information about the ICME Summer Workshop Series, click here.
ICME Summer Workshops are open to participants 18 years and older. If you are under the age of 18 and would like to participate, please contact the program administrator.
- Please note that these are not Stanford for-credit courses.
- Stanford academic and non-academic staff may register under the 'Faculty' ticket type.
- Room locations, information on what to bring, and directions to campus will be provided to those who register in advance of each workshop.
- These workshops are open to participants 18 years and older. If you are under the age of 18 and would like to participate, please inquire with email@example.com
- If you have questions, please contact the ICME via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Please contact ICME
- Tuesday, August 15, 2017
9:00 am – 4:45 pm
- On the Stanford campus. Location will be shared with registrants.
- General Public, Students, Members
- (650)724-3313, email@example.com
- More info:
- Visit this website