- Featured Events
- Today's Events
- Browse by Type
- Browse by Subject
- Browse by Organization
ICME Summer Workshop: Introduction to Python
XCME009 - Introduction to Python
This workshop is recommended for those who want to learn the basics of Python for use in math, science, or engineering applications. The goal of the workshop is to familiarize participants with Python’s tools for scientific computing and data science. Lectures will be interactive with a focus on learning by example, and assignments will be application-driven. Some prior programming experience is highly recommendedTopics Include
- Basic syntax: Variables, Functions, Flow Control
- Data types: Strings, Lists, Tuples, Dictionaries, Sets
- File input and output (I/O)
- Key Packages: Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, and Matplotlib
- Jupyter notebook
The ICME offers summer workshops to students, partners, and the wider community (first come first served, in that order). These day-long workshop happen from August 14-18, 2017, from 9:00am to 4:45 pm. To view other workshop descriptions, or to get general information about the ICME Summer Workshop Series, click here.
ICME Summer Workshops are open to participants 18 years and older. If you are under the age of 18 and would like to participate, please contact the program administrator.
- Please note that these are not Stanford for-credit courses.
- Stanford academic and non-academic staff may register under the 'Faculty' ticket type.
- Room locations, information on what to bring, and directions to campus will be provided to those who register in advance of each workshop.
- These workshops are open to participants 18 years and older. If you are under the age of 18 and would like to participate, please inquire with firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have questions, please contact the ICME via email email@example.com
Questions? Please contact ICME
- Wednesday, August 16, 2017
9:00 am – 4:45 pm
- On the Stanford campus. Location will be shared with registrants.
- General Public, Students, Members
- (650)724-3313, firstname.lastname@example.org
- More info:
- Visit this website