- Featured Events
- Today's Events
- Browse by Type
- Browse by Subject
- Browse by Organization
Introduction to the BioCyc Microbial Genomes and Metabolic Pathways Web Portal
BioCyc.org is an extensive and user-friendly genome informatics portal containing 10,900 microbial genomes. This one-hour tutorial will show you how to use several aspects of BioCyc:
1. A basic introduction to BioCyc including database selection, gene and metabolite searches, and navigating genome-scale metabolic map diagrams.
2. SmartTables are a facility for storing and analyzing lists of genes and metabolites. For example, import a gene list of interest and with a few clicks convert it to a list of all pathways containing those genes, a list of all genes that regulate those genes, or a list of all amino-acid sequences for the gene products.
3. BioCyc contains many comparative operations including a multi-organism search, comparative genome browser, and extensive ortholog information.
- Wednesday, January 31, 2018
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
- Robin Li and Melissa Ma Science Library Training Room, Room 402 Sapp Center Map
Limited to current Stanford faculty, staff, and students of Stanford University.
- Faculty/Staff, Students
- 650-723-1528, email@example.com
- More info:
- Visit this website