This event is over.
The Stanford Department of Music is hosting an evening concert and a carnival afternoon to support and promote Black art and Black creatives on campus. We will highlight department ensembles, student groups, independent artists, and off-campus community ensembles performing art from cultures across the Black and African Diasporas, as well as arts where the influence of Black creatives is traditionally underrepresented.
- Cardinal Calypso (steelpan ensemble)
- ODUM (Ghanaian Drumming)
- STRETCH (jazz combo)
- Roman & Uche (vocals & piano)
- Westley Montgomery (vocals & piano)
- Brianna Peet (Ballet)
- Alkimiya Transfer featuring Kenneth Reams (electroacoustic)
- Stanford Jazz Orchestra
- Stanford Symphony Orchestra
- Stanford Philharmonia featuring Joelle Lamarre, soprano
The two-day Carnival event is free to all, but we are also offering $10-$50 tickets at EventBrite that will support collaborative initiatives from students and student groups (VSOs) involving Black art and Black creatives.