In-person Masses: Requirements and Info
- All are welcome! Stanford affiliation is not required.
We are very grateful that the University has allowed us to celebrate Mass together as a total community in worship.
- During Mass:
- Wearing a mask is strongly recommended for all attendees by Stanford University policy.
- All are asked to maintain six feet of social distancing where possible.
- Receiving communion:
- Communion will be distributed under the species of bread only. Receiving communion in the hand is strongly encouraged by our Bishop, but he has removed his Vatican-sanctioned prohibition of receiving on the tongue.
- Those who wish to receive communion on the tongue should meet the priest by the angel ambo at the end of communion so that he can easily sanitize his hands when needed.
- When receiving please present an open and steady hand or tongue.
- All guests will use hand sanitizer immediately before receiving Communion.
- If you are feeling ill or someone from your household is ill the day of Mass, you should not attend.