This event is over.
Please join us for US-ATMC’s Annual Meeting next week by Zoom! This program is open to the public. Our keynote panel on “Silicon Valley as a crucial nexus for global corporate innovation now and into the future” will discuss how global corporations are using Silicon Valley as a hub for advanced technology innovation, what challenges they face (i.e., immigration and regulatory complexities, shock to global scale innovation from Covid-19), and how companies respond to these challenges and get the most out of being in Silicon Valley.
We’ll also hear from our visiting scholars from our industrial affiliate program on their research, and from US-ATMC’s Director Dr. Richard Dasher on the center’s strategic plans.
Pacific Time: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 | 4:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Japan Time: Thursday, May 26, 2022 | 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM
- 4:30 PM Welcome and strategic update for 2022-23
- Dr. Richard Dasher, US-ATMC Director
- 4:45 PM Keynote panel discussion “Silicon Valley as a crucial nexus for global corporate innovation now and into the future”
- Dr. Sean Randolph, Sr Director of the Bay Area Council Economic Institute
- Peter Marcotullio, VP of Global Partnerships, SRI International
- Steve Ciesinski, former CEO of SRI International (Moderator)
- 6:00 PM Introductions to research by current US-ATMC visiting scholars:
- Shintaro Asako, Founder & CEO, Bulldog Advisory Inc.
- Keishun Nakamura, Researcher, Social Safety and Industrial Innovation Division, Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc. (MRI)
- Yoshio Nose, Managing Director, Nose Kozai Co., Ltd. & CEO, Nose Corporation of America
- Takashi Okazaki, Head of U.S. R&D, Nippon Life X
- Jun Onishi, Vice President, Global Innovation Team, Union Bank/MUFG BANK, LTD.
- Kyoko Yoshida, Project Director, Innovation Department, Kawasaki Heavy Industries (USA), Inc.