- Featured Events
- Today's Events
- Browse by Type
- Browse by Subject
- Browse by Organization
Bing Nursery School/Bing Institute Play Symposium
When are children the most focused, active, motivated and joyful about learning? When they are at play. During play, children engage their social, emotional, cognitive and physical competencies to pursue their interests. Play fosters confidence, resilience, passion and delight. If we truly want children to be ready for the challenges of the future, we need to let them play. We invite you to join us...
The Play Symposium features presenters that have made important contributions to the understanding of play and its role in development. The program will include a panel discussion with the distinguished speakers. Those wishing to visit Bing Nursery School are invited to visit the school at the end of the symposium.
- Stuart Brown, MD, psychiatrist, clinical researcher and founder of the National Institute for Play. Dr. Brown is a pioneer of research on play.
- Joan Almon, educator and co-founder of the Alliance for Childhood.
- Jamshid Ghajar, MD, PhD, FACS, Director of the Stanford Concussion and Brain Trauma Center, Clinical Professor of Neurological Surgery at the Stanford University School of Medicine and president of the Brain Trauma Foundation.
- Saturday, July 12, 2014.
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Play symposium fee is $90 including lunch. $10 discount avail for addtl participants from the same institution. Register Here
- General Public, Faculty/Staff, Students, Alumni/Friends
- 650-723-4865, email@example.com
- More info:
- Visit this website