- Featured Events
- Today's Events
- Browse by Type
- Browse by Subject
- Browse by Organization
125th Anniversary Symposium - Thinking Big About Learning
This fall, Stanford launches a Year of Learning and begins its 125th anniversary celebration.
Join some of Stanford's best thinkers on education for an afternoon of "Thinking Big About Learning" - the first symposium in a series of events celebrating Stanford's quasquicentennial.
Meet fellow educators, life-long learners and others who are passionate about education and tackling the challenges that lie ahead.
Explore topics such as: technology and learning, the psychology of learning, and the big challenges facing the future of learning.
Featuring a variety of speakers to illustrate Stanford's leading role in understanding and promoting human learning:
- John Etchemendy, John Mitchell, Daniel Schwartz, Caroline Winterer - Thinking Big About Learning
- Jeremy Bailenson - Immersive Science Learning in Virtual Reality
- Travis Bristol - Learning Gender
- Linda Darling-Hammond - New Learning for a Rapidly Changing World
- Petra Dierkes-Thrun - CS+X: Computer Science and Humanities
- Scott Doorley - Stanford 2025
- Carol Dweck - Teaching a Growth Mindset
- Bruce McCandliss - The Neuroscience of Learning
- Philip Pizzo - Stanford Distinguished Careers Institute
- Piya Sorcar - Overcoming Cultural Roadblocks to Education
- Sebastian Thrun - CS+X: Computer Science and Humanities
- Carl Wieman - Finding New Ways to Learn Science
- Esther Wojcicki - Empowering Students
STAP funds are applicable to this event. Click here to register using STAP.
- Sunday, October 18, 2015.
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Ticket includes entrance to symposium and wine & hors d'oeuvres reception following the event: 5:00-6:00pm.
- General Public, Faculty/Staff, Students, Alumni/Friends
- 650-725-3330, email@example.com
- More info:
- Visit this website