- Featured Events
- Today's Events
- Browse by Type
- Browse by Subject
- Browse by Organization
Stanford Engaged Scholarship Conference: (Re)Thinking Engaged Scholarship and Participatory Citizenship
The 3rd Annual Stanford Engaged Scholarship Conference highlights engaged scholarship and scholar-activism in institutions of higher education and in the community. We define engaged scholarship as diverse research, pedagogy, and creative performance—conducted in partnership with public, non-profit, or private stakeholders—focused on addressing critical social issues and contributing to the public good.
This year’s conference theme focuses on the relationships between engaged scholarship and participatory citizenship, while highlighting interdisciplinary and intersectional approaches. The conference will include panel discussions on the following topics: Art and Activism, Education and Justice, Human Rights and Immigration, and Enviroment and Sustainability.
Framing Questions of the Conference:
As we think about the role of engaged scholarship in these times of transforming democratic participation, we are asking ourselves:
- How, as community engaged scholars, are we building intellectual and political solidarities across communities and across politicized difference?
- How can our collaborations with citizen groups or community organizations contribute to community engaged learning and scholarship in today’s political context?
The Stanford Engaged Scholarship Conference is meant to interrogate relationships among academic scholarship, communities, and movements; create spaces for productive dialogue among community groups, scholars, and students; explore the research/learning possibilities between students and faculty in classrooms and communities; and bring together different stakeholders to build a community of engaged scholars. Our hope is this conference will encourage us to think critically and actively about our research and collaborations.
- Thursday, February 1, 2018
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- CSRE Conference Room, 450 Serra Mall, Building 360, Stanford University Map
The event is free and open to the public. Please RSVP by January 29th.
- General Public, Faculty/Staff, Students, Alumni/Friends
- 650-724-4383, firstname.lastname@example.org
- More info:
- Visit this website