- Featured Events
- Today's Events
- Browse by Type
- Browse by Subject
- Browse by Organization
Microbiome Symposium 2018
Now in its third year, the purpose of the conference is to bring together leading minds looking to catalog the human microbiome using modern genetics tools and especially those looking to apply new computational technologies to solve complicated problems in metagenomics to answer such questions such as:
- How are changes in the microbiome associated with diseases in the population,
- How can you identify novel microbes using sequence-based analysis,
- How can you improve patient outcomes by characterizing microbiome dynamics,
- How can you better understand host-microbiome symbiosis to be able to understand and target microbial vulnerabilities,
- How can you track dynamic microbiome shifts during disease, etc.
While genetics tools to characterize the human microbiome is no doubt important, the goal of this conference is to focus on computational tools that help solve any or all of the above complicated metagenomics problems.