- Featured Events
- Today's Events
- Browse by Type
- Browse by Subject
- Browse by Organization
Google Apps Essential Training - Docs, Sheets, and Slides (Lecture)
Learn the features and functionality of Google Drive, with a bonus lesson on Box. Learn to create and manage Google Docs, and best practices for managing cloud-based files including publishing, sharing, and permissions.
Bring your laptop and make sure you are able to access Google Drive via http://webdocs.stanford.edu.
Key topics covered:
- Stanford Box: Learn how to get started with Stanford Box and the difference between Box and Google Drive
- Intro to Google Docs Files: Creating, uploading, and organizing folders, documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and forms.
- Document Collaboration: Learning how to share and collaborate on documents simultaneously with users within and outside of your organization.
- Google Drive Apps: Download, install, and use Google Drive applications to access, edit, and sync files across devices.
- Formatting and Formulas: Learning basic tricks to format content within documents and analyze data using formulas within spreadsheets.
- Presentations and Forms: Building dynamic presentations and forms that can be shared from a local device or computer, published to the web, or embedded in a website.
What you will be able to do as a result
- Create, upload, download, export, and publish documents, spreadsheets, forms, and presentations
- Sync files that can be accessed from any device, on or offline
- Format content and manipulate data within files
- Manage permissions of files and folders and assign viewing, editing, and commenting rights
- Design and maintain an organized, cloud-based file structure to increase team productivity
- Build custom forms, then collect and analyze response data with filters, formulas, and charts
- Friday, August 10, 2018
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Turing Auditorium (Polya Hall 111)
Lecture cost: $120
All Tech Training class fees can be covered by STAP funds, Departmental PTA, or Educational Assistance Funds.
- Faculty/Staff, Students
- 650-723-4391, firstname.lastname@example.org
- More info:
- Visit this website