Dear Stanford Community,
Join us for the 2nd Annual Diversity and Inclusion Forum! The event will highlight innovative workshops developed by our resident and fellow trainees with their educational mentors who have participated in the LEAD (Leadership Education in Advancing Diversity) Program.
The event will be an enriching opportunity for faculty, trainees, students, postdocs, staff and community members to learn tools and strategies to enable you to become an effective change agent for diversity and inclusion in medical education.
We will conclude with a fair to bring together and celebrate the people and organizations promoting diversity and inclusion in our (Stanford) community. All are welcome to participate and we look forward to seeing you on Friday, May 10!
LEAD Steering Committee
- To describe the value of building leadership and scholarship capacity for trainees to improve diversity and inclusion efforts in medical education.
- To demonstrate tools and strategies to:
- Recognize and minimize bias in evaluations
- Understand the impact of stereotype threat on learners
- Discuss how to recognize and overcome imposter syndrome
- Mentor others on issues related to diversity and inclusion
- Identify and remove stigmatizing language in clinical settings
- To create a learning climate that embraces inclusion and supports the scholarship of diversity