The 2020-21 Annual Meeting of the Academic Council will be held on Thursday, May 6, 2021, beginning at 3:15 p.m. The meeting will take place via livestream at https://events.stanford.edu/webcast/ (SUNet ID required).
The meeting will include:
- Report of the Senate of the Academic Council by Professor Judith (Judy) L. Goldstein, Chair of the Senate, Janet M. Peck Professor of International Communication and Senior Fellow at the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR)
- Report of President to the Academic Council by Marc Tessier-Lavigne, President and Bing Presidential Professor
- Presentation: Perspectives on Accomplishments of our Community during a Challenging Year
- Moderated by Persis Drell, Provost, James and Anna Marie Spilker Professor and Professor in the School of Engineering, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering and Professor of Physics
- Panelists include:
- Yvonne (Bonnie) A. Maldonado, Senior Associate Dean, Faculty Development and Diversity, Taube Professor of Global Health and Infectious Diseases, Professor of Pediatrics (Infectious Diseases) and of Epidemiology and Population Health
- Mary Beth Mudgett, Senior Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education Initiatives and Professor of Biology
- Matthew Snipp, Vice Provost for Faculty Development, Diversity and Engagement and Burnet C. and Mildred Finley Wohlford Professor in the School of Humanities and Sciences
- Tim Stearns, Frank Lee and Carol Hall Professor, Senior Associate Vice Provost of Research and Professor of Genetics
All members of the Stanford community are invited to attend.